Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catchya Later

Oh Noo Zeelund with your funny footwear and silly socks

Your bush like an Oompa-Loompa's ... sideburn
and your sea that is so big and wet and turbulent

I do like your pies and your fizzy drinks
and your marginal celebrities

I already miss your sewerage systems
and your carbon neutral taxi companies

Take all glorious vowels and make them an 'eh'
Forever lie about Number 8 wire solutions

Oh Noo Zeelund  I heard you out my caravan window

Your voice like the sweetest X Factor duet
and your lungs scented with pine

And now, I strain my ears to hear you
from Singapore* the tui call is a little faint

And I do miss your schick quattro alps
and your mediocre fashion

And I do miss you


A chocolate map of Tassie, the closest thing I could find to a chocolate map of NZ.

(*Things get a little surreal at this point as my "Catchya later' farewell that started its life on NZ shores is finished in the middle of Changi Airport.)

2 comments:

  1. It is good. I have subscribed to your Atom feed now. I went to the German bakery in Pune. You went to the cake shop in Delhi, I expect.

    ReplyDelete